Wednesday, June 16, 2010

sister-friends...


are the best ones.

Do you have a sister-friend?  I hope you do... because then you know how wonderful it is to just be known by someone who is a part of you.  Someone who understands your crazy thoughts.  Someone who knows you don't always get it right.  Someone who calls you on your crap even when its initially awkward.  Someone who lets you cry in the mail room (or your cubicle-office) and doesn't make fun of you. :)  But instead hurts with you.  

It doesn't mean you always get along or you always understand each other or you always are on the same page... but it does mean that regardless of all that stuff, you've got each other's backs.  And what a feeling that is.

I always feel bad for those who weren't blessed with a sister-friend, or who, even worse, live estranged from their sibling.  Even if you don't have a blood-related sister-friend, I think God blesses us with those rare and unique ladies that can fill that role.  I pray you have that incredible support in your life.

I know I do.

2 comments:

  1. Hmm mmm do I just love my sister-friend :) youre the best in ze world!

    love you lots and lots and always gots yo back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this...and sent it to my sister :)

    ReplyDelete