Tuesday, June 15, 2010

no hitting...

"Don't hit back; discover beauty in everyone. If you've got it in you, get along with everybody. Don't insist on getting even; that's not for you to do. "I'll do the judging," says God. "I'll take care of it."  Romans 12:17-19 MSG


Sometimes don't you just want to hit back?  Especially when it feels justified.  I do. 


But how many times have I said "we don't hit" to my little man?  Apparently God has to tell me too.   Oops.


And the truth is that hitting back wouldn't make me feel any better.  Or resolve anything.  It would just hurt me in the long run.  Which is basically what choosing to be angry over something someone has done to me does... when I choose not to forgive, I'm really just holding myself back.  I'm letting bitterness taint my perspective on life and situations.  That's not hurting the person who's hurt me... it's continuing to hurt myself!  And I'm done with that.


Or at least I usually am until some little offense reminds me of everything I was mad at.  Yes, lame and immature.


Here's hoping I can "discover beauty" in EVERYONE

No comments:

Post a Comment