Tuesday, June 22, 2010

sab·bat·i·cal...

[suh-bat-i-kuhhttp://sp.dictionary.com/dictstatic/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.pngl]

Definition: any extended period of leave from one's customary work, especially for rest, to acquire new skills or training, etc.

Next Wednesday my little family will pack ourselves (and probably WAY too much of our personal belongings) into our “new white van” and head South.  Dave will be taking a sabbatical from his work at Shiloh for the month of July, and we will spend most of the time at his parent’s house in Tennessee. 

As we inch closer and closer to the date of our departure, the meaning of this time away and the potential it holds is heavy on my mind and heart.  It is not a “vacation”.  I feel it is somewhat of a make it break it time, for myself personally.  I can’t really speak for Dave’s goals and objectives, but I know mine is for a radically REAL period of time with the Lord.  For a transformation of my spiritual life.

I plan on using this blog to share my thoughts as I’m away.  The good, the bad, the challenges and the victories I believe I’ll have.  (I’ll also probably put up cute pictures of my kids.  J  See, now I know you’ll follow along.)

Now, off to pack my life… 

No comments:

Post a Comment