Friday, June 25, 2010

how do you pack for a month?

I usually have a hard enough time packing for a week!  The whole concept of packing the entire family with enough "stuff" for a full month is a daunting task.  One that I keep thinking about... lots of thinking.... not a lot of actual doing.

I find with big tasks like this that my tendency is to start out with great intentions and then just have NO idea where to actually start.  So I put it off until pretty much the day before when I then send the whole family into a tizzy and everything turns to chaos.  FUN.  This time I honestly can't do that, because I will be working full days on Monday and Tuesday, and we have meetings both nights.  DOUBLE FUN.  So mostly packed we must be by Sunday night.

Which is about two days from right now.

Two days that are full of birthday parties and huge church events and World Cup games and last minute catching up with friends.  Hmm.

I'll let you know how it goes!

In the meantime I am starting by finding printable checklists for roadtrips. Because though I am a true Messie through and through, I do love me some checklists.  Usually I forget them, or better yet, lose them, but hey... printing them off feels soooo good.

No comments:

Post a Comment